Thursday, March 7, 2024

No Bribes Accepted

No Bribes Accepted

1 John 2: 15 Do not love the world or anything that belongs to the world. If you love the world, you do not love the Father. 16 Everything that belongs to the world—what the sinful self desires, what people see and want, and everything in this world that people are so proud of—none of this comes from the Father; it all comes from the world. 17 The world and everything in it that people desire is passing away; but those who do the will of God live forever.

 

============

 

Being teased about my tattered clothing got old. “One day I will have enough money to buy my own clothes” I muttered to myself. I got a job and made enough to buy the latest trend. I got another job and was able to buy more stuff and bigger things.

 

I admired where I had gotten to.. “Can you send out a message about GOD?” someone asked me. “No! I have a title that does not align to that sort of message.”

 

  • I found myself with no time to serve GOD.
  • I enjoyed the lavish vacations, large houses and immense amounts of money I was given.
  • I justified why I did not have time for GOD and figured HE would simply forgive me and I could live it up here on earth.

 

John attempted to open the spiritual eyes of those who follow JESUS. He took away any excuse by including “anything” and “everything” to his warning. He focused on some broad topics that included selfish desires, envy, jealousy, lust, and pride, of which do not come from GOD.

 

My Observations:

  • Satan attempted to bribe JESUS with food, power and money, BUT JESUS refused because HE had to die for the sins of all of humanity.
  • Satan wants you and me to not speak about GOD, or to view those who do in a negative way.
  • “Anything” and “everything” that keeps me from speaking about JESUS should not be a desire of mine.

 

Trying to save myself causes me to lose myself. I mean, when I try to acquire more of what the world has to offer, I end up losing my relationship with GOD. The scary thing is, GOD will allow me to walk away from HIS love, because HE does not want to force the relationship.

 

GOD has a desire that all humans become saved. HE wants you and me to proclaim the Good News about JESUS, who was resurrected to overcome the world. Houses, cars, clothes, jewelry, gadgets, titles and accomplishments will pass away. I am glad GOD’s love will last forever in my life.

 

Challenge

  • Is the news from the writer extreme to you?
  • What would you keep if you, knowingly, would walk away from GOD by keeping it?
  • Will you turn your eyes to GOD and have HIM open up your heart to desire HIS will over yours today?

No comments:

Post a Comment