Friday, March 22, 2024

Entrance Plan

Entrance Plan

1 John 3: 11 The message you heard from the very beginning is this: we must love one another. 12 We must not be like Cain; he belonged to the Evil One and murdered his own brother Abel. Why did Cain murder him? Because the things he himself did were wrong, and the things his brother did were right.

 

============

 

After a colleague was “reduced” from the workforce, I felt enraged. Me and another peer decided to meet with the leader of the organization. We prepared for the meeting by discussing how outraged we were, as if we were putting on combat gear. The meeting kept getting moved, but when we had it, we lit into the leader.

 

  • I was preparing to be heard, not to hear.
  • I was furious and all I could think about was rage.
  • I did not have any room in my heart for the leader we met with.

 

John took everyone back to the foundational action all believers in CHRIST should have, namely “love one another.” He gave the first example of hatred by showing how Cain despised Abel’s “right” actions. He explained that Cain was so consumed with hatred, that he murdered his brother. John may have written this to ward off any feelings of hatred the persecuted people may have had.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD gave the commandment to “love one another” because HE is love.
  • When I take love into places where war is expected, better things happen.
  • GOD’s love is the only cure for the hatred that seems to be spreading more rapidly than usual.

 

Being enraged can cause me permanent damage. I mean, when I get so mad at this person or that person, I am willing to cut him or her off from GOD’s message of love. This requires that I examine my heart, because if I don’t want everyone to believe in CHRIST, I may not be on HIS side.

 

GOD wants everyone redeemed, even those who may have wronged you and me. HIS grace far exceeds any that you and I can imagine. HE loves those who hate people. HIS grace can cover a multitude of sins. I am glad GOD has provided an entrance plan to address arguments, namely love one another.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer used Cain as the example?
  • Have you ever been so enraged that you did not think of your words or actions which may have been hatred?
  • Instead or preparing for combat, can you take love into your conversations?
  • Will you examine your heart and your words to see if there is any slander, prejudice, judgment or even hatred so you can give them to GOD for HIM to cleanse your heart today?

No comments:

Post a Comment