Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Patience Observed

Patience Observed

2 Peter 3: But do not forget one thing, my dear friends! There is no difference in the Lord's sight between one day and a thousand years; to him the two are the same. The Lord is not slow to do what he has promised, as some think. Instead, he is patient with you, because he does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants all to turn away from their sins.

 

============

 

Fresh out of school, I felt I did not know anything. I was given an assignment and looked at it like a deer in the headlights of a speeding truck. I timidly asked “How do I do this?” My immediate supervisor was frustrated. But his boss gave him a different way. He told my immediate supervisor to teach me what I needed to know.

 

  • Both bosses needed to have patience while I learned what to do.
  • I tried to accelerate my studies, but I needed to learn too much.
  • It took time for me to learn and when I did, I was able to excel.

 

Peter explained to the believers of JESUS that HIS return may seem slow, but is patient. He also explains that GOD wants everyone to be saved and is showing extreme patience until the last person accepts CHRIST.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD has seen my creation and my eternal life with HIM at the same time.
  • Time may seem slow to me, but to GOD, it is instant.
  • I have to realize that when I want out of trials or when I want something different to happen, it takes time and I have to learn GOD’s patience.

 

“Can YOU just give me patience right now?!” is the joke. I mean, can’t GOD just zap me with the patience I need? No. GOD is very methodical and allows the same trials to appear in my life, over and over and over and over and… you get the picture.

 

HE is not doing this to punish me, rather prepare me. HE sees areas in my life that need strengthening and what better way to get stronger in weak areas but to go through the same thing until I can get through it with the results HE knows I can achieve. I am glad GOD has the patience with me to watch me grow.

 

Challenge

  • What one thing is the writer reminding us about?
  • Has someone ever been patient with you even thought you were messing up in a huge way?
  • Will you take time to recognize GOD’s patience with you and see that HE wants you to grow by reducing sin in your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment