Friday, February 16, 2024

Arouse Pure Thoughts

Arouse Pure Thoughts

2 Peter 3: My dear friends, this is now the second letter I have written you. In both letters I have tried to arouse pure thoughts in your minds by reminding you of these things. I want you to remember the words that were spoken long ago by the holy prophets, and the command from the Lord and Savior which was given you by your apostles. First of all, you must understand that in the last days some people will appear whose lives are controlled by their own lusts. They will make fun of you and will ask, “He promised to come, didn't he? Where is he? Our ancestors have already died, but everything is still the same as it was since the creation of the world!” 

 

============

 

When I accepted CHRIST at a young age, I started learning about promises HE made. It was an exciting time for me. But when life hit me and the world suggested leaving the “GOD” stuff alone and focus on “proven” solutions, I decided to follow the world.

 

  • I tried to compartmentalize GOD into something that “I” do on Sundays.
  • I tried to use a doubleminded approach to GOD by half serving HIM and half serving the world.
  • I realized GOD was not real in my life, rather HE was a concept that was made to serve me and allow me to get “my” way.

 

Peter attempted to address some cloudy thinking believers were having towards GOD. Some people may have ridiculed believers for following GOD versus following the ways of the world. He gave an example of the type of ridicule people would give to undermine the believers faith.

 

My Observations

  • Belief in GOD will require withstanding ridicule from those who do not put their trust in HIM.
  • GOD promised that HIS SON will return, so I should prepare myself and others for HIS promise.
  • GOD always keeps HIS promises, BUT HE does it in HIS time and HIS way.

 

When I was a child I believed and trusted fully. But as an adult, I questioned GOD’s methods and motives. I mean, I expect things to go one way, and when they go differently, I question GOD. “Don’t YOU realize the urgency of BLANK situation?” Insert your current situation where it says BLANK.

 

GOD wants me to grow up to realize I am made for HIM, not HE for me. HE gave me promises like “I have plans to prosper you” and “I will never leave you.” BUT HE also has promises like “If you turn from your wicked ways, I will heal…”  GOD expects me to grow and have faith in HIM that is unshakable. I gladly take some ridicule to side with the MOST HIGH GOD.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer write the letters?
  • Have you ever wondered if GOD would keep HIS promises HE has for you?
  • Will you place your trust in GOD, knowing HE will keep HIS promises HE made to you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment