Monday, February 12, 2024

Rescue Plan

Rescue Plan

2 Peter 2: God did not spare the angels who sinned, but threw them into hell, where they are kept chained in darkness, waiting for the Day of Judgment. God did not spare the ancient world, but brought the flood on the world of godless people; the only ones he saved were Noah, who preached righteousness, and seven other people. God condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, destroying them with fire, and made them an example of what will happen to the godless. He rescued Lot, a good man, who was distressed by the immoral conduct of lawless people. That good man lived among them, and day after day he suffered agony as he saw and heard their evil actions. And so the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials and how to keep the wicked under punishment for the Day of Judgment, 10 especially those who follow their filthy bodily lusts and despise God's authority.

 

============

 

“You look miserable” someone said to me. I did not know it was showing on my face. The pressures of the position weighed heavily on me. Meanwhile, it seemed like some people, who I felt were cutthroat, were getting away with lies and manipulation.

 

  • It seemed like there was no hope.
  • It seemed like there would be no relief.
  • It seemed like a good time to give up because powerful bullies were getting their way.

 

Peter goes into theology that most do not want to hear. He partially explains the wrath of GOD on those who are determined to do evil. He gives a few examples of how GOD takes sin seriously. But he also gives hope.

 

My Observations:

  • I was lost in my many sins, BUT GOD gave me a gift which is eternal life through JESUS CHRIST our LORD.
  • GOD saved me from all my sins, past, present and future.
  • GOD’s authority is to be welcomed in my life so HE can correct me any time HE wants.

 

Falling down is not the problem, it is getting back up that is hard. I mean, when I fall to sin and it seems like my world is falling apart, at one time I had no place to turn. BUT GOD gave me a solution.

 

JESUS forgave me for my sins and gave me a COMFORTER who is willing to guide me daily. HE protects me from those who try to harm me, and HE protects me from myself. I am glad GOD has a rescue plan for me when thing look bleak.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer explain this side of GOD?
  • Have you ever been in a miserable situation where it seemed like there was no way out?
  • Will you turn your eyes to GOD’s love for you and accept HIS plan of rescue by believing in HIS SON JESUS, who volunteered to save you and me today?

No comments:

Post a Comment