Friday, January 26, 2024

Situation Handled

Situation Handled

2 Peter 2: False prophets appeared in the past among the people, and in the same way false teachers will appear among you. They will bring in destructive, untrue doctrines, and will deny the Master who redeemed them, and so they will bring upon themselves sudden destruction. Even so, many will follow their immoral ways; and because of what they do, others will speak evil of the Way of truth. In their greed these false teachers will make a profit out of telling you made-up stories. For a long time now their Judge has been ready, and their Destroyer has been wide awake!

 

============

 

After being lied on, I felt worried that people would not be able to believe my side of the story. I laid awake trying to think of ways to make the truth known, I approached someone to ask for advice. “How do I fight this liar?” “You don’t.” was his tough to hear reply. But it was followed by “GOD sees what is going on and HE has the situation under control.”

 

  • I wanted to expose the false statements.
  • I wanted to be the one to expose the liar.
  • I wanted “my” name cleared so I could keep doing what I was doing.

 

Peter begins with a warning to believers that false teachers will slip in amongst them and tell lies for money. Peter may have observed that these slick and polished speakers would be hard to get rid of because they spoke to desperate people who craved their lies. He, himself denied JESUS and witnessed Judas betray HIM. He repented and warned everyone.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD’s word is precious and pure and should be used to bring people to a saving relationship with HIS SON.
  • There will be false teachers who preach for money, who could care less about making up stories to keep the crowd entertained.
  • GOD wants me to know HE has the situation under control.

 

Noisy liars seem to get their way. I mean, we see examples of very wealthy people telling lies to keep their profits and maybe even oppress various groups of people. Meanwhile, those in need seem to be in trouble without a way. BUT GOD has “The WAY.”

 

JESUS said, “I AM the way and the truth and the life.” This is the true doctrine to follow. Humans want people to follow false doctrines to amass a great wealth. Unfortunately, people will fall for it. BUT GOD wants you and me to follow HIM. I gladly worship JESUS in Spirit and truth.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer brings up this warning?
  • Have you ever been so desperate that you would listen to liars?
  • Will you take a moment to see if you are listening to liars and turn to CHRIST who is the truth today?

No comments:

Post a Comment