Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Needed Encouragement

Needed Encouragement

1 Peter 5: 12 I write you this brief letter with the help of Silas, whom I regard as a faithful Christian. I want to encourage you and give my testimony that this is the true grace of God. Stand firm in it.

 

13 Your sister church in Babylon, also chosen by God, sends you greetings, and so does my son Mark. 14 Greet one another with the kiss of Christian love.

May peace be with all of you who belong to Christ.

 

============

 

After the car crash, I wondered if GOD was in my corner. I questioned HIS every move. Months later, bills poured in and the school dean had some bad news for me. I sat on a bench with a worried look on my face. A guy said to me “GOD loves you.”

 

  • I wasn’t feeling loved because I had many problems.
  • I didn’t want to hear that GOD loved me when I had so many problems.
  • After hearing that GOD loved me, I turned to prayer for the first time in a long time and things got better.

 

Peter, with the help of Silas, concludes his letter to those who were suffering because of their belief in JESUS. Church leaders as well as Roman leaders, were persecuting believers because they were perceived as a threat to the government and the church. Through all the problems they faced, Petr wanted to encourage them.

 

My Observations:

  • My problems can make me blind to other people having problems.
  • GOD gives me resilience by telling me I will face persecution while I am on this earth.
  • My eyes need to be opened to the need for encouragement.

 

Be encouraged because GOD sees you and hears you and wants you to have peace today. But what about this problem or that problem? GOD sees “you” and hears “you” and want “you” to have peace today.

 

In the middle of your storm, GOD is there. HE see what you are going through and has calculated it all in HIS plan for you. This plan is not to harm you, rather it will prosper you. I am glad GOD has a plan for peace for you and me.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer close the letter with a prayer of peace?
  • Have you ever scoffed at the statement “GOD loves you” because you were too worried to hear it?
  • Will you turn to GOD for HIS answers so you can hear words of encouragement today?

 

Prayer

Dear LORD, please guide this reader to YOUR peace which may come in the middle of his or her problems. Give him or her a new mindset that releases YOUR resilience and protects those who love YOU. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment