Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Approved

Approved

2 Peter 1: 16 We have not depended on made-up stories in making known to you the mighty coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. With our own eyes we saw his greatness. 17 We were there when he was given honor and glory by God the Father, when the voice came to him from the Supreme Glory, saying, “This is my own dear Son, with whom I am pleased!” 18 We ourselves heard this voice coming from heaven, when we were with him on the holy mountain.

 

============

 

“How will I know the person I am meeting?” I asked. The response was a description of the person followed by “he will be looking for you.” When I arrived, I could see a few people who could possibly fit the description, but he saw me looking and waved, as if to say “It’s me!”

 

  • I needed to know the right person I was meeting.
  • I needed a clear description of the one I was looking for.
  • I needed someone to tell me “this is the one you are looking for.”

 

Peter, in his first letter, praises the people who sought after JESUS without ever seeing HIM. But in this letter he describes JESUS as the ONE everyone is looking for. He goes into detail about seeing JESUS and hearing GOD’s approval. He may have said this because he knew about false prophets who claimed to be the Messiah.

 

My Observations:

  • JESUS is the only being who GOD approved in front of many witnesses.
  • GOD revealed JESUS to many people so there would not be any confusion as to who to follow.
  • Witnesses were at the scene to help other people know who to follow.

 

Knowing who to follow is hard these days. I mean, anyone with a camera and a mouth can develop a relative truth to gain followers. This action requires no verification and feels good to the individual when the “like” or “subscribe” button is pressed. BUT GOD did something different with JESUS.

 

HE approved JESUS in front of many witnesses, letting everyone know who to follow. HE approved what JESUS did so false prophets would be revealed and the truth be shown. I am glad JESUS was revealed and I give HIM all the glory!

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer go to great lengths to explain being a witness to JESUS?
  • Have you ever been an eyewitness to something that needed clarification?
  • Will you increase your faith in JESUS by believing HE is the ONE you need to follow without any doubt today?

No comments:

Post a Comment