Thursday, January 25, 2024

Trying to Understand Life

Trying to Understand Life

2 Peter 1: 19 So we are even more confident of the message proclaimed by the prophets. You will do well to pay attention to it, because it is like a lamp shining in a dark place until the Day dawns and the light of the morning star shines in your hearts. 20 Above all else, however, remember that none of us can explain by ourselves a prophecy in the Scriptures. 21 For no prophetic message ever came just from the human will, but people were under the control of the Holy Spirit as they spoke the message that came from God.

 

============

 

Going through difficult circumstances, I asked GOD “Why?” I did not get an audible answer and wondered if I was being punished or possibly forgotten. But then I read the scriptures and an example in the bible gave me peace that I wasn’t the only one going through difficulty and there is an enemy orchestrating war against believers.

 

  • I did not like having to face difficulty again, but I felt inspired by reading the Bible.
  • My situation had not changed, but something inside me felt at peace.
  • Each word I read changed something inside me.

 

Peter explains that all scripture originated by the HOLY SPIRIT and can only be understood by explanation from the HOLY SPIRIT. He implicitly urged people to believe in CHRIST so they would receive the HOLY SPIRIT who would in turn be a guide to life.

 

My Observations:

  • Humans can lie to me to get their own way, BUT GOD gave mankind scripture that revealed HIS love through HIS SON.
  • I can believe scripture will guide me in making large and small decisions in life.
  • Each example I read in scripture parallels a foundation in scripture.

 

Skeptics would say that scripture was written to enslave people to do work, or that scripture is no longer valid because technology has provided new ways of thinking. BUT GOD is in control and has provided a way to cope with life to this very day.

 

HE spoke to various men and women and had each carefully document their encounter with GOD. As unbelievable as each encounter was, there were several people who were eyewitnesses to the experiences. These experiences still hold true to this very day and can provide me with direction to keep moving forward. I am glad GOD said “I will never leave you nor forsake you, because I can hold onto this truth in the middle of a storm.

 

Challenge

  • What gave the writer confidence?
  • Have you ever wanted to ask GOD “Why?”
  • Will you “lean not unto your own understanding” and allow the HOLY SPIRIT to guide you through the difficult time so you can give GOD the praise HE deserves today?

No comments:

Post a Comment