Monday, January 8, 2024

Love Cover

Love Cover

1 Peter 4: The end of all things is near. You must be self-controlled and alert, to be able to pray. Above everything, love one another earnestly, because love covers over many sins. Open your homes to each other without complaining. 10 Each one, as a good manager of God's different gifts, must use for the good of others the special gift he has received from God. 11 Those who preach must preach God's messages; those who serve must serve with the strength that God gives them, so that in all things praise may be given to God through Jesus Christ, to whom belong glory and power forever and ever. Amen.

 

============

 

Tired of living a lie, I decided to tell the truth. I did not have much work experience and I lied to a person about my age so perhaps, I could gain more respect. But that would lead to other lies that I could not back up. I told the truth and the person said. “I knew how old you are and I want you on my team. I appreciate you telling me the truth”

 

  • My lie was excused.
  • My lie was noticed and addressed.
  • My lie was forgiven, but I could not move forward on the path of lying.

 

Peter continues with some deep doctrine, but makes it practical. He starts off with a very shocking statement, “The end of all things is near.” JESUS had fulfilled all of the prophecies and there was none left, other than the statement that JESUS would return. Until then, Peter provides a practical approach to living.

 

My Observations

  • Approaching family, friends, neighbors and acquaintances with love covers my sins and theirs.
  • Opening up my home to help people should be done without me complaining.
  • Leveraging the “special gift” GOD has given me should be used for the good of others.

 

Sin causes problems in my life. I mean, when I lied, cheated and stole, I did not get far. In fact I found myself with more problems that required more lying, cheating and stealing. I needed help. Fortunately for me, JESUS covered my sins. Like a heavy cover over a flame, the sting of sin is doused out by the shed blood of JESUS.

 

Since I believe in HIM being raised from the dead, I am saved from eternal separation from GOD’s love. This is Good News! I can now use my GOD given gifts to speak about GOD and live for HIM with excitement and power. I praise GOD in all thing.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer mention being “self-controlled and alert?”
  • Have you ever gotten so worried that you were unable to pray?
  • Will you relook at your current situation with love to see where you can cover for someone or where you need to be covered?
  • Will you praise GOD after showing love today?

No comments:

Post a Comment