Monday, January 22, 2024

Permanent Experience

Permanent Experience

2 Peter 1: 10 So then, my friends, try even harder to make God's call and his choice of you a permanent experience; if you do so, you will never abandon your faith. 11 In this way you will be given the full right to enter the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

 

============

 

Not sure that I wanted to be part of the organization, I went to the first meeting with skepticism. I sat through the presentation and they said I would need to meet twice a month, at night and sometimes on weekends. I could not commit the time.

 

  • I wanted to simply be part of the organization without committing to it.
  • I wanted to use the name of the organization but did not want to do all the work they wanted me to do.
  • I wanted the temporary prestige of the organization without a permanent mindset.

 

Peter discussed something he failed at. He may have saw people wavering in their faith, so he provided a choice to follow GOD permanently or to stop faking it by being willing to abandon the faith. He denied JESUS and felt embarrassed. After JESUS restored Peter, he was able to preach about JESUS without abandoning his faith.

 

My Observations:

  • When GOD chose to save me, it was eternal.
  • GOD wants me to value my relationship with HIM and not be willing to leave HIM easily.
  • Roadblocks, obstacles and hurdles will appear in life, BUT GOD wants me to keep my faith focused on HIM.

 

Many times I felt like giving up. I mean, it seems like trouble comes at inconvenient times when I am not ready. People get sick and hurt, stuff breaks and bank accounts dry up seemingly all at the same time. The first thought is to sin my way out of the trouble, but then I would end up in a worse situation. GOD has another way.

 

HE wants me to follow the example JESUS set. JESUS did not waver in HIS faith. HE stayed focus on HIS mission to die for the sins of mankind. HE wants me to live my life the same way as HE did. I have a choice to remain faithful to GOD or abandon HIM and follow my own path. I gladly choose GOD over my own choices.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer tell everyone to “try harder?”
  • Have you ever felt like giving up because something did not happen in the time you expected?
  • Have you considered abandoning your faith in GOD because things aren’t going as you expected?
  • Will you consider making your relationship a “permanent experience” by letting go of this particular worry so you can praise GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment