Friday, January 5, 2024

Give an Account

 

Give an Account

1 Peter 4:  But they will have to give an account of themselves to God, who is ready to judge the living and the dead. That is why the Good News was preached also to the dead, to those who had been judged in their physical existence as everyone is judged; it was preached to them so that in their spiritual existence they may live as God lives.

 

============

 

After I woke up, I realized that an hour had passed. The supervisor came by and asked “What have you been doing during this time?” I was supposed to be counting surveys, but the job was repetitious and boring. “I don’t know” was my childish reply.

 

  • I didn’t do what I was supposed to be doing.
  • I wasted my time sleeping.
  • I had to give an account for what I was supposed to be doing.

 

Peter continues his theological explanation by stating why JESUS spoke to those who died without believing in HIM for salvation. Their spiritual existence is permanent so, unfortunately, their judgment is also permanent and eternal. After physical death, those who did not believe in JESUS will be judged.

 

My Observations:

  • Salvation through JESUS is necessary for my current life.
  • GOD wants all believers to spread the Gospel to everyone so that all may be saved.
  • Those who reject the message of JESUS, unfortunately will not be saved.

 

Each of us has to give an account for our short time on earth. I mean, at some point I will stand in front of GOD and have HIM ask me “What did you do with your time on earth?” or HE will tell me “This is what you spent your time on earth.” Either way, I have to give an account for what is important to HIM, namely spreading the Gospel of HIS SON.

 

JESUS became a human to be murdered by HIS creation. HE was raised from the dead, showing GOD has all power over life and death. JESUS now rules at the right hand of GOD and they are waiting for the last person to accept HIM as Savior. I am glad GOD includes me in HIS plan to reach people with the Gospel.

 

Challenge

  • What account is the writer speaking about?
  • Have you ever looked at your time to assess how much of it you are giving to GOD?
  • Will you give more time to GOD during the week to intentionally spread the Gospel of JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment