Friday, May 3, 2024

Affirmed

Affirmed

Jude 1: 12 With their shameless carousing they are like dirty spots in your fellowship meals. They take care only of themselves. They are like clouds carried along by the wind, but bringing no rain. They are like trees that bear no fruit, even in autumn, trees that have been pulled up by the roots and are completely dead. 13 They are like wild waves of the sea, with their shameful deeds showing up like foam. They are like wandering stars, for whom God has reserved a place forever in the deepest darkness.

 

============

 

“What about me?” I cried out to the LORD. I saw inexperienced people seem to excel, while I was sitting at my desk, waiting to be elevated. I asked mentors what I should do. “Promote yourself” they said. Something inside me took pause to the advice. A leader chose me and said “I am glad you are not like the others by doing self-promotion.”

 

  • I was actually going to start self- promoting.
  • I was tired of waiting to be noticed.
  • I wanted a crowd to affirm “my” talents.

 

Jude continues his warning. He originally was going to write about salvation, but the HOLY SPIRIT led him to discuss “godless people” who slipped in, pretending to know JESUS as the Savior, but had hidden agendas to acquire fame. Jude compares these people to “dirty spots”, Clouds with no rain, trees that produce no fruit and waves showing shameful deeds.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD sees when I cry out to HIM to make “me” famous instead of making HIM known.
  • GOD wants me to turn to HIM and point to HIS SON so I can be used by HIM to bear fruit.
  • GOD knows I need to focus on HIM versus focusing on fame so the world’s waves won’t pull me in.

 

Seeking affirmation can cause me problems. I mean, when I feel I need to be more famous, or “liked” by a crowd, I seek being noticed at every turn. This causes me to think only of myself and barely mention GOD. BUT HE has another way.

 

GOD wants my life to bear HIS fruit. My life is HIS and HE can decide how and when HE wants to use the gifts HE gave me. HE wants me ready and willing to be used by HIM, regardless of my fame. HE loves you and me and never leaves when times are tough. I am glad GOD helps us point people to HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What comparisons from the writer sticks out the most to you?
  • Have you ever gotten mad at GOD for making someone else famous?
  • Will you seek to make JESUS famous to those who are around you and be affirmed that HE loves you just the way you are today?

No comments:

Post a Comment