Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Heart Store

Heart Store
Revelation 3: 14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
 
“This is the message from the Amen, the faithful and true witness, who is the origin of all that God has created. 15 I know what you have done; I know that you are neither cold nor hot. How I wish you were either one or the other! 16 But because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I am going to spit you out of my mouth! 17 You say, ‘I am rich and well off; I have all I need.’ But you do not know how miserable and pitiful you are! You are poor, naked, and blind. 18 I advise you, then, to buy gold from me, pure gold, in order to be rich. Buy also white clothing to dress yourself and cover up your shameful nakedness. Buy also some ointment to put on your eyes, so that you may see. 19 I rebuke and punish all whom I love. Be in earnest, then, and turn from your sins. 20 Listen! I stand at the door and knock; if any hear my voice and open the door, I will come into their house and eat with them, and they will eat with me. 21 To those who win the victory I will give the right to sit beside me on my throne, just as I have been victorious and now sit by my Father on his throne.
 
22 “If you have ears, then, listen to what the Spirit says to the churches!”

 

============

 

Looking at the weather, I decided to miss going to the group. It was raining that day. The next time to meet it was too nice to be sitting around with a group so I missed it to continue to enjoy the nice weather. “Do you want to come over and watch the game?” was the statement that easily took me away from going to the group the next time.

 

  • I was not vested in the group.
  • I was not for the group or against the group.
  • I figured the group would be alright because there were a lot of people, so they would not miss me.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, quoted JESUS when writing about Laodicea. This stern warning was about lukewarmness. At one point Laodicea was on fire. But along the way, they became proud of their size, programs and human success. JESUS rebuked their human wealth and told them to exchange it for HIS wealth.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD sees my heart and wants it to be rich with HIS love.
  • GOD wants to come into my heart so I cannot have it filled with the lust of the world.
  • What is valuable to GOD should be valuable to me.

 

I may get what I want but not want what I get. I mean, GOD seems gracious enough to me to allow me to get things I want that are not good for me. This strange love can be costly to me. If I choose to brag and boast about what “I” have accomplished and label it as GOD, HE could be upset at what seems to be “success.”

 

GOD wants me to check to see if I have fallen each day. HE corrects me when I stay and humbles me when I boast. GOD is willing to heal me when I ask HIM into my heart.

 

Challenge

  • Why does JESUS seem to focus on money?
  • Have you tried to measure GOD’s success by human wealth standards?
  • Will you allow GOD into your heart so HE can correct any wrong and guide you to win the victory?

No comments:

Post a Comment