Friday, May 31, 2024

Three O’s

Three O’s

Revelation 4: Surrounding the throne on each of its sides, were four living creatures covered with eyes in front and behind. The first one looked like a lion; the second looked like a bull; the third had a face like a human face; and the fourth looked like an eagle in flight. Each one of the four living creatures had six wings, and they were covered with eyes, inside and out. Day and night they never stop singing:

 

“Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty,
    who was, who is, and who is to come.”

 

============

 

Hearing the ice cream truck raised my desire for the delicious cool treat. But I had a problem. I had no money!. I went into my parents room, opened up their makeshift coin bank and grabbed enough to purchase my treat. “Where did you get the money for the treat?” my parents asked. “I don’t know” was my go to lie. “How did they know I was lying?” I asked myself.

 

  • My parents were not all seeing, but they could deduce when I was lying.
  • My parents were not all knowing, but they knew enough to try to keep me on the right path.
  • My parents were not everywhere, but they seemed to be at the right place at the right time to keep me out of trouble.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, was shown four beings that he could barely describe. His gruesome description was probably beautiful in person. These beings sang a song “day and night” about GOD’s holiness. They may represent GOD’s omniscience, omnipotence and omnipresence.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD is all powerful and can handle any opposition I can face.
  • GOD is all seeing, so HE knows when I am sincerely serving HIM.
  • GOD is everywhere, so I do not have to fear when HE sends me someplace to represent HIM.

 

Omniscience, omnipotence and omnipresence are human words we give to GOD because we cannot quite explain HIM. I mean, HE always was, HE is and will always be. Our minds cannot understand this being. And what we do not understand we sometimes blow off or mislabel it.

 

GOD knows my every thought, action and desire. HE knows the bad things and erases them with HIS grace and knows the good things and rewards me generously for them. Night will go away, but until it does, the four creatures will remind us of GOD’s power.

 

Challenge

  • Were you creeped out by the description the writer gives of the four creatures?
  • What is your view of GOD?
  • Will you remove any limits you have of GOD and place your hope in HIM to experience HIS love today?

No comments:

Post a Comment