Monday, June 3, 2024

Unfiltered Worship

Unfiltered Worship

Revelation 4:The four living creatures sing songs of glory and honor and thanks to the one who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever. When they do so, 10 the twenty-four elders fall down before the one who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives forever and ever. They throw their crowns down in front of the throne and say,

 

11 “Our Lord and God! You are worthy
    to receive glory, honor, and power.
For you created all things,
    and by your will they were given existence and life.”

 

============

 

“Who are those people gathered in the field?” I asked one of the leaders on the missions trip. “They are people who worship GOD” was the response. They were all wearing white and did not have a building, seats or instruments. Later, we sat in a church. Many people, who had nothing, gathered to sing praise songs. They sang for hours!

 

  • I looked at my watch to see when they would be done.
  • I enjoyed the singing, but wanted it to be done so we could get on with it!
  • I realized, after a while, that I was not really worshipping from my heart, but out of habit.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, hears wonderful songs about JESUS. These songs contained glory, honor and thanks for HIM causing the people who were very important to throw their crowns at HIS feet. They rejoiced and praised HIM for HIS power!

 

My Observations:

  • JESUS Is worthy to be praised!
  • Sometimes I want to hold back because I want to appear a certain way before humans.
  • One day my worship will not be filtered with sin, problems or troubles!

 

Unfiltered worship can only take place in heaven. I mean, when all sin, worries and human structures are torn down, we can celebrate what JESUS has done! All problems will be solved and celebration will happen on a grand scale that lasts forever.

 

Will people get tired of praising JESUS? No! Our sinful minds cannot fathom true worship that lasts forever. We look at our watches and think of boredom if worship lasts longer than three songs. One day my worship for GOD will come out of sheer elation! I will not be embarrassed but filled with joy!

 

Challenge

  • How does the writer describe worship?
  • Have you ever got so excited about something that you just wanted to shout with joy?
  • Will you look beyond problems and praise GOD for what HE has done and is doing and will do in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment