Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Least Important Became Most

Least Important Became Most

Revelation 5: Then I saw a Lamb standing in the center of the throne, surrounded by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb appeared to have been killed. It had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God that have been sent through the whole earth. The Lamb went and took the scroll from the right hand of the one who sits on the throne. As he did so, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each had a harp and gold bowls filled with incense, which are the prayers of God's people.

 

============

 

When problems hit, I began to plan. “My” plans had worked before, so why not now. But the problem got worse and seemed to split into multiple problems. The more “I” tried to fix things the worse thing got. “Pray” someone said. Everything else failed, so I did. The problems started going away.

 

  • I thought my plans would work.
  • I thought I needed to take action.
  • I realized that prayer should have been first.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, saw JESUS as the sacrificial Lamb standing, not sitting, in the center of the throne. HE had been viewed as the least important and was murdered by HIS own creation. The Lamb was able to take the scroll from the one who “sits” on the throne. Twenty-eight bowls filled with prayers of GOD’s people were there.

 

My Observations:

  • JESUS was overlooked and was labeled the least important.
  • JESUS volunteered to be blamed, slandered, and murdered for our sins.
  • Prayer, surprisingly, is the only thing I can create here on earth that makes it into heaven.

 

One item that seems to be most valuable to GOD is prayer. HE loves prayer so much that HE stores each prayer up in a bowl. It makes me realize that it is not about the situation, rather it is about my prayer that GOD adores.

 

HE loves when I see beyond the circumstance to ask, or praise, or simply to give thanks. Every work I speak in sincere prayer makes it into the bowl. People say “You can’t take it with you” referring to money. But prayer is something I can take with me to heaven.

 

Challenge

  • What does the writer say about the seven continents of world?
  • Have you ever been in a situation that you thought more money or more fame would get you out of the problem?
  • Will you pray to GOD and “ask” or “praise” or “thank” HIM for what HE’s already done so your prayer can be placed in a bowl before GOD’s throne today?

No comments:

Post a Comment