Friday, June 7, 2024

Everything Craved

Everything Craved

Revelation 5: 11 Again I looked, and I heard angels, thousands and millions of them! They stood around the throne, the four living creatures, and the elders, 12 and sang in a loud voice:

“The Lamb who was killed is worthy
    to receive power, wealth, wisdom, and strength,
    honor, glory, and praise!”
13 And I heard every creature in heaven, on earth, in the world below, and in the sea—all living beings in the universe—and they were singing:

“To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb,
    be praise and honor, glory and might,
    forever and ever!”

14 The four living creatures answered, “Amen!” And the elders fell down and worshiped.

 

============

 

After struggling for years to pay my bills, it felt good to be able to pay for rent and a car payment. After a while, I was able to get a house and another new car because I got a “better” job. This wasn’t enough. I needed to be a decision maker so I climbed the corporate ladder in pursuit of a title.

 

  • I tied a personal cause to it to justify the enormous amount of hours spent seeking power.
  • I thought I needed a title to “help” other people.
  • I thought “I” was the answer to other people’s problems and I needed to be strong.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, is given another look at the throne area where GOD sat and JESUS was standing. Thousands of millions of powerful angels surrounded the throne, possibly protecting it, but also engaged in worship. Another son was sang, this time with a chorus. The song was about JESUS receiving power, wealth, wisdom, and strength, honor, glory, and praise!”

 

My Observations:

  • GOD is so powerful and I am so weak and I sometimes want the things JESUS deserves.
  • GOD has everything and since HE is made of pure love, is willing to share it with me.
  • JESUS did what no other could do and that is die for my sins and be raised from the dead.

 

All the things I want, JESUS has. I mean, I sometimes want power, wealth, wisdom, and strength, honor, glory, and praise!” I may even work a little longer and harder when I get even a couple of these items on the list. BUT JESUS is the only one who deserves these items.

 

JESUS did what no other being did, namely gave HIS life for HIS creation. HE is placed over everything. No power can come up against JESUS. The throne room scene by John shows the FATHER, the SON and the HOLY SPIRIT with all power, wealth, wisdom, and strength,  honor, glory, and praise!” My crave is to yield my desires to GOD.

 

Challenge

  • Did the writer present the presence of GOD as a weakling?
  • Have you ever thought GOD was a pushover because HE is showing you grace and mercy?
  • Will you contemplate your view of power, wealth, wisdom, and strength,  honor, glory, and praise so you can give it to JESUS and HE will share it with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment