Thursday, June 20, 2024

Safely Through

Safely Through

Revelation 7: 13 One of the elders asked me, “Who are these people dressed in white robes, and where do they come from?”
14 “I don't know, sir. You do,” I answered.
He said to me, “These are the people who have come safely through the terrible persecution. They have washed their robes and made them white with the blood of the Lamb. 15 That is why they stand before God's throne and serve him day and night in his temple. He who sits on the throne will protect them with his presence. 16 Never again will they hunger or thirst; neither sun nor any scorching heat will burn them, 17 because the Lamb, who is in the center of the throne, will be their shepherd, and he will guide them to springs of life-giving water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

 

============

 

Hearing the announcement did not put my mind at ease. “This is your captain speaking. We will be experiencing some turbulence. Fasten your seatbelts.” The message came suddenly and the flight attendants scurried to their seats. A few minutes later, the plane shook violently and did a sudden dip!

 

  • I was alarmed a little when I heard the warning.
  • I was more alarmed when I saw how fast the flight attendants ran to their seats.
  • I was even more alarmed when the plane went through the turbulence, but afterwards things got calm.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, is asked a rhetorical question from one of the twenty-four elders who sits before GOD’s throne. “Who are these people dressed in white robes, and where do they come from?” He is given an unexpected answer. “These are the people who have come safely through the terrible persecution”

 

My Observations:

  • GOD is with me when I am persecuted.
  • Persecution for preaching JESUS is seen by GOD and HE allows me to go through it, not around it.
  • Coming safely through persecution means I can receive the benefits of GOD’s protection.

 

Going through difficult times stinks! I mean, who wants to face persecution from people who could care less about GOD? Unfortunately, this is a reality that believers must face. Persecution cannot be prayed away or wished away, because even JESUS went through it.

 

HE faced persecution from HIS own creation who murdered HIM for HIS love and kindness. HE sent a COMFORTER, because HE knew we would need comfort from persecution. The HOLY SPIRIT is there to stand with me when I face turbulent times.

 

Challenge

  • What encouraging message did the writer get from the conversation?
  • Have you ever felt like asking “Why me?” when facing a difficult time?
  • Will you know that GOD is going through the difficult time with you and is giving you the strength to hold on so you can make it “safely through” the turbulence of life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment