Friday, June 14, 2024

Until

Until

Revelation 6: Then the Lamb broke open the fifth seal. I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been killed because they had proclaimed God's word and had been faithful in their witnessing. 10 They shouted in a loud voice, “Almighty Lord, holy and true! How long will it be until you judge the people on earth and punish them for killing us?” 11 Each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to rest a little while longer, until the complete number of other servants and believers were killed, as they had been.

 

============

 

Waiting to go have some fun, I looked at the time and wondered why we hadn’t left. “We are waiting on the rest of the people to get here before we leave” was the statement I did not want to hear.

 

  • I wanted to go have some fun right then and there.
  • I wanted to start the enjoyment.
  • I could not resolve waiting on people who I had no idea when they would arrive.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, witnessed the fifth seal being broken open by the LAMB. This time he saw the souls of people who had been killed because they proclaimed GOD’s word and were faithful in their witnessing. “How long?” was the question, not of impatience, but possibly out of weariness.

 

My Observations:

  • Persecution from the world can make believers of CHRIST weary.
  • GOD is protecting those who have been persecuted because of their belief in JESUS.
  • GOD has extreme mercy, so HE is waiting until the last person who will believe in JESUS to be saved, before HE pours out HIS judgment.

 

When will all of this be resolved? Is my question I ask GOD. I mean, I know HE is sovereign, so asking “why?” will usually be met with silence. But asking “How long?” is a question that aligns me to HIS will, knowing HE can and will take care of the mess the world is in.

 

GOD sees and cares, despite our disbelief. HE knows who belongs to HIM and who will persecute HIS believers. HE is not concerned about death because it does not stop HIM from having an eternal relationship with you and me. How long? Until we find the last person to be saved.

 

Challenge

  • What conversation is the writer listening in on?
  • Have you ever thought that GOD is not in control because of all the things going on in the world?
  • Will you place your trust in GOD, because HE knows what is going on and is in total control of your situation today?

No comments:

Post a Comment