Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Unwarranted

Unwarranted

Revelation 6: Then the Lamb broke open the second seal; and I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” Another horse came out, a red one. Its rider was given the power to bring war on the earth, so that people should kill each other. He was given a large sword.

 

============

 

Walking down the hall after practice, I was met with a fist in the chest. I saw stars and in a dizzy state fell against the lockers. Tired of bullies, I wanted to get “big.” I lifted weights and became stronger. One guy at the gym who was bigger than me wanted to go to a bar to pick on people. “No thanks” I replied.

 

  • I thought that fighting was a good idea until I was invited to do the bullying.
  • I thought that I needed to be prepared for battle, so I wanted to get my defenses up.
  • I thought that if someone was combative, I needed to be combative to “win.”

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, heard the second living creature say “Come!” after the second seal of Satan’s sentence scroll was opened. A spirit of combativeness was unleashed, causing people to fight and to kill one another. This is the second step in tearing down Satan’s kingdom.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD showed us how HE would take down Satan’s kingdom by using unwarranted fights.
  • War can easily happen when the heart is ready to fight.
  • Destruction is the solution of war.

 

Fighting stinks and unwarranted fighting stinks more. I mean, whether passive or aggressive, attacks, combat and war only ends up in destruction. No one wins. BUT GOD has a remedy. JESUS.

 

Every human is capable of war because there is a war inside us. At times we fight against GOD by trying to get our own way and other we side with HIM by trying to get HIS way. Fortunately for us HIS will, will be done.

 

Challenge

  • What is the tone of the writer?
  • Have you ever been so frustrated that your only way out is to fight?
  • Will you mimic JESUS and drop your defenses by adding love as your weapon today?

No comments:

Post a Comment