Thursday, June 13, 2024

Unpopulated

Unpopulated

Revelation 6: Then the Lamb broke open the fourth seal; and I heard the fourth living creature say,Come!” I looked, and there was a pale-colored horse. Its rider was named Death, and Hades followed close behind. They were given authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill by means of war, famine, disease, and wild animals.

 

============

 

Visiting relatives years ago, I saw a town that was busy. I didn’t think whether the town was thriving or not. Years later after a few major companies moved away, I went back and found a town that was no longer thriving.

 

  • I saw empty buildings.
  • I saw sickness escalating.
  • I saw animals start to invade.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, heard the third living creature say “Come!” after the fourth seal of Satan’s sentence scroll was opened. This time two spirits were unleashed, namely Death and Hades respectively. This step in demolishing Satan’s cushy kingdom will cause many to die.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD’s devastation will not harm those who believe in CHRIST.
  • GOD’s sentence on Satan will not affect those who believe in JESUS.
  • Death has no power over those who believe in JESUS.

 

Death is scary but helps me grow up. I mean, who wants to go through the pain of dying? No one. It is not a fun subject, but necessary for believers to understand that JESUS is now the authority over eternal life.

 

While death may happen, believers will be raised from the dead, just like JESUS! GOD’s sentence, unfortunately, will be poured out on Satan and those who reject HIS SON as the Savior. This should give us fire to pray, teach and be sent to seek the lost with urgency.

 

Challenge

  • Are the writer’s words scary?
  • Is death a subject you would like to avoid?
  • Will you believe in JESUS so you can have a healthy, less scary, view of death; knowing you will be raised from the dead or possibly will avoid death all together if JESUS returns before you die?

No comments:

Post a Comment