Tuesday, June 4, 2024

All Is Not Lost

All Is Not Lost

Revelation 5: I saw a scroll in the right hand of the one who sits on the throne; it was covered with writing on both sides and was sealed with seven seals. And I saw a mighty angel, who announced in a loud voice, “Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?” But there was no one in heaven or on earth or in the world below who could open the scroll and look inside it. I cried bitterly because no one could be found who was worthy to open the scroll or look inside it. Then one of the elders said to me, “Don't cry. Look! The Lion from Judah's tribe, the great descendant of David, has won the victory, and he can break the seven seals and open the scroll.”

 

============

 

“My life is ruined” I thought to myself. I was told by the dean that I was no longer in school. I didn’t have a plan “B” so I felt I did not know what to do. Someone said, “Ask to get back in.” “What? You can do that?” I asked and they let me back in.

 

  • I thought all was lost.
  • I did not know there was a way, so I fell in despair.
  • I was told there was a way and I felt relieved.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, sees the result of something not revealed to humans. A scroll of judgment was sealed by seven holy seals. He was not told why a sinless human was needed to open the scroll, but all he knew was no one was worthy. He wept bitterly. But then he was told that JESUS won the victory!

 

My Observations:

  • Satan thought that he could become GOD by introducing sin into the first humans.
  • No human was worthy to open the scroll because all were born into sin.
  • JESUS had to become a human through a miraculous birth, live a sinless life, die in faith and be raised from the dead so HE could open the scroll that judged Satan and saved humans.

 

We do not understand the complexities of what JESUS did. We are not privy to the declaration that says Satan can have everything if the scroll could not be open. All we know is JESUS “did” open the scroll because HE is worthy! All is not lost! Hope is restored!

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer weep bitterly?
  • Have you ever felt that all was lost?
  • Will you see that JESUS has won the victory, not only for eternal life but over your circumstance and all your situations you will ever, ever face?

No comments:

Post a Comment