Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Underemployed

Underemployed

Revelation 6: Then the Lamb broke open the third seal; and I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there was a black horse. Its rider held a pair of scales in his hand. I heard what sounded like a voice coming from among the four living creatures, which said, “A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages. But do not damage the olive trees and the vineyards!”

 

============

 

Getting in my car, I noticed the seat would no longer stay upright. Having no money to spend on this, I figured out a solution. I grabbed a block of wood and propped up the seat. “There! Good as new!”

 

  • My wages were not enough to cover the expense of the repair.
  • My wages were only enough to pay for rent and gas to get me back to work.
  • My wages were not enough for any luxury, so I ate wisely.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, heard the third living creature say “Come!” after the third seal of Satan’s sentence scroll was opened. A spirit of greed was unleashed. Then John heard a voice from among the four living creatures. People would work hard and barely have enough money to eat.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD will dismantle Satan’s temporary kingdom by allowing greedy people to raise prices.
  • Greed will cause painful desires on the poor to want something better.
  • GOD is in control of what gets damaged and what does not.

 

Greed is a silent killer. I mean, the world praises the rich and powerful and says “too bad” to the poor and powerless. As greed escalates, new words emerge that make people desire a piece of heaven on earth and justify indulgences. BUT GOD has all the wealth.

 

JESUS looked at humanity and cared enough to die for it. HE saw a price that no one could pay but HIM. Life itself was at stake. HE gave HIS life so you and I would not have to. HE gave up everything for us. But now HE is the most wealthy being and wants to share HIS love with us.

 

Challenge

  • Does the writer convey unfairness?
  • Does it seem like the rich and powerful get richer and the poor stay poor?
  • Will you place your hope in JESUS who is methodically taking down Satan’s kingdom?

No comments:

Post a Comment