Friday, May 17, 2024

I Got This

I Got This

Revelation 1: 16 He held seven stars in his right hand, and a sharp two-edged sword came out of his mouth. His face was as bright as the midday sun. 17 When I saw him, I fell down at his feet like a dead man. He placed his right hand on me and said, “Don't be afraid! I am the first and the last. 18 I am the living one! I was dead, but now I am alive forever and ever. I have authority over death and the world of the dead. 19 Write, then, the things you see, both the things that are now and the things that will happen afterward. 20 Here is the secret meaning of the seven stars that you see in my right hand, and of the seven gold lampstands: the seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

 

============

 

Nervous to say anything, I approached a teacher about a bully. She said, “Don’t worry I will take care of it.”  To my discomfort, she brought the bully in and talked with both of us. His bullying did stop for a while.

 

  • I thought she was going to turn my problem into a larger problem.
  • I thought she did not understand the urgency of the situation.
  • I thought she had the authority, but was using it wrong and was supposed to punish bullies.

 

John, the disciple who JESUS loved, saw HIM in HIS glorious state. No picture or painting could depict what John saw. John fainted at the sight of JESUS because it was overwhelming. JESUS comforted John by explaining that HE has overcome death and holds the world in HIS hand.

 

My Observations:

  • JESUS is not worried about the sinful attacks on you and me because HE has overcome sin.
  • The world may come up with a hypothesis, BUT GOD has the world under HIS control.
  • No word, no situation or circumstance is unseen by JESUS, so I can place my trust in HIS solution.

 

“I got this” is a term used by someone in authority. JESUS said “Do not be afraid” because HE is the first and the last. HE explained HIS credentials by saying “I was dead, but now I am alive forever and ever.” HE then said “I have authority over death and the world.”  In other words, “I got this!”

 

When I turn my eyes to situations where humans feel they are in control, all I need to do is step back and give them over to GOD. JESUS, who is the Word, has a two edged sword that comes out of HIS mouth that will judge the inhabitants of the seven continents. HE has angels over your situation and mine so do not be afraid.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer fainted?
  • Have you ever been overwhelmed, thinking about how messed up the world is today?
  • Will you place your trust in JESUS, who has all authority and sees those who attempt to get their way, without placing HIM in their hearts, so HE can protect you from their evil plans, forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment