Monday, May 6, 2024

Letting Go

Letting Go

Jude 1: 14 It was Enoch, the seventh direct descendant from Adam, who long ago prophesied this about them: “The Lord will come with many thousands of his holy angels 15 to bring judgment on all, to condemn them all for the godless deeds they have performed and for all the terrible words that godless sinners have spoken against him!”

 

16 These people are always grumbling and blaming others; they follow their own evil desires; they brag about themselves and flatter others in order to get their own way.

 

============

 

After the third interview, I wondered if I got the job. My handler said to me “A third round of interviews is strange, but they seem ready to extend an offer.” I got comfortable with those words and stopped interviewing. I was about to be hired for one of the largest companies in the world! About a week later they told me the position was put on hold. A week after that, the company announced they were laying off tens of thousands of people.

 

  • I may have gotten my way but would not have wanted what I got.
  • My way was going to end in disaster.
  • I was mad that it was taking so long to get “my” way but I am glad I didn’t.

 

Jude focused on a prophecy that has not yet come to pass. He warns against grumbling, blaming others, following selfish evil desires, bragging and flattery to get their own way.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD’s ways are not my ways until I can let go of getting “my” way.
  • Trying to get “my” way may blind me to what GOD wants.
  • Letting go of “my” way opens me up for GOD to provide “the WAY.”

 

JESUS is “The Way” according to HIM. HE needs no other explanation with HIS statement. All things that are made were made through HIM. GOD revealed HIM as HIS SON for whom HE is well pleased. GOD gives me ample time to brag about JESUS. But unfortunately I don’t use my time wisely.

 

Instead I grumble and complain about what I don’t have versus what I do. I then ask GOD “What’s YOUR problem?” or “Why aren’t you giving me ‘my’ way?” GOD uses HIS patience by not answering because HE is about to do something totally different. I may try to hold on, but I am glad that when I let go, GOD shows me that HE had ‘it’ in the first place.

 

Challenge

  • Who is included in the writer’s warning?
  • Have you ever gotten mad at GOD or GOD’s people because you were not getting “your” way?
  • Will you add “surrender” to your life so you can let go of getting “your” way, replacing it with “The WAY” today?

No comments:

Post a Comment