Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Something to Focus On

Something to Focus On

Revelation 1:From John to the seven churches in the province of Asia:

Grace and peace be yours from God, who is, who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits in front of his throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the first to be raised from death and who is also the ruler of the kings of the world.

He loves us, and by his sacrificial death he has freed us from our sins and made us a kingdom of priests to serve his God and Father. To Jesus Christ be the glory and power forever and ever! Amen.

Look, he is coming on the clouds! Everyone will see him, including those who pierced him. All peoples on earth will mourn over him. So shall it be!

“I am the first and the last,” says the Lord God Almighty, who is, who was, and who is to come.

 

============

 

Worried about life, I felt like giving up. My “try harder” did not seem like it was getting “me” anywhere. As bills grew, so did my complaints. I could not find rest because the people I hung around also had many bills and complaints.

 

  • My focus on life had turned into how much money I had or did not have.
  • After complaining and worrying enough, I could only see problems.
  • Victory was not even in my vocabulary because “I” did not feel victorious.

 

John starts his book by telling the believers that GOD, HIMSELF, sends HIS grace and peace. Not only HIM, but the seven SPIRITS and JESUS also send the message of grace and peace. All had seemed lost and humanity would belong to Satan. BUT JESUS, “the faithful witness” was “the first to be raised from death” and HE “freed us from our sins.”

 

My Observations:

  • GOD, who is, who was and who is to come, is not worried about what is going to happen to me because HE has already seen me in a victorious state of being.
  • JESUS freed me from death, pain and misery, so whatever I go through now is only temporary.
  • GOD said, I AM the first and the last” meaning anything HE says can be counted on.

 

When life brings challenges, there is hope. I mean, human demands for unholy things can make anyone feel like all hope is lost, BUT when GOD tells me “everything turned out fine” I can believe it.

 

My focus needs to shift from the day to day worriers over to eternal victory. GOD may never say  “Did you work harder?” or “Did you get that gym shoe?”, or  “Did you accumulate as many earthly riches as you could?” Instead HE will ask “How many people did you serve the way I intended?” I am willing to change my focus over to the victory that has already happened!

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer sends “grace and peace” from GOD?
  • Have you ever worried about something and could only focus on your worries?
  • Will you change your focus by believing that JESUS is already victorious over your temporary situations today?

No comments:

Post a Comment