Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Keep On

Keep On

Jude 1: 17 But remember, my friends, what you were told in the past by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ. 18 They said to you, “When the last days come, people will appear who will make fun of you, people who follow their own godless desires.” 19 These are the people who cause divisions, who are controlled by their natural desires, who do not have the Spirit. 20 But you, my friends, keep on building yourselves up on your most sacred faith. Pray in the power of the Holy Spirit, 21 and keep yourselves in the love of God, as you wait for our Lord Jesus Christ in his mercy to give you eternal life.

 

============

 

“What good is it?” was my question. I was running out of gas because it seemed like my efforts were not amounting to anything. In fact, more problems arose than solutions. At every turn, there seemed to be another barrier.

 

  • I got tired of hearing the scoffers.
  • I got tired of hearing questions that clearly showed a lack of belief.
  • I got tired of the problems, barriers and holes I could fall in, but mostly I got tired of those who questioned with their heart “Where is your GOD now?”

 

Jude gives a pep talk after blasting those who infiltrated believers of JESUS. He warns believers that in the last days, people will make fun of those who keep the faith. He mentions their tactics of divisiveness  and their lack of control. He then focuses on what believers should continue doing, namely praying and staying in GOD’s love.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD wants me to continue to ask HIM for HIS power to be used in every one of my situations.
  • GOD wants me to not get tired of repetition rather to keep on building the way HE told me.
  • GOD loves when I use encouragement, prayer and patience as I wait on eternal life through our LORD JESUS CHRIST.

 

Waiting on GOD could make me look like a nut to those who have fallen in love with the world. I mean, where is the political takeover or stacks of cash from heaven or super-human powers, scoffs the unbeliever? BUT GOD has another focus for me.

 

GOD wants me to see HIS gentleness, grace and mercy HE has for me and those who laugh at me praying instead of taking matters in my own hands. HE has all the power and wants me to keep on surrendering my plans in exchange for HIS. I gladly keep on building the way HE guides me.

 

Challenge

  • What last days is the writer referring to?
  • Have you ever been laughed at or questioned by those who clearly do not believe?
  • Will you stay with GOD and continue in the work HE has for you until your eternal life is shown?

No comments:

Post a Comment