Thursday, May 30, 2024

The Center

The Center

Revelation 4: At this point I had another vision and saw an open door in heaven.

 

And the voice that sounded like a trumpet, which I had heard speaking to me before, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must happen after this.” At once the Spirit took control of me. There in heaven was a throne with someone sitting on it. His face gleamed like such precious stones as jasper and carnelian, and all around the throne there was a rainbow the color of an emerald. In a circle around the throne were twenty-four other thrones, on which were seated twenty-four elders dressed in white and wearing crowns of gold. From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings, and peals of thunder. In front of the throne seven lighted torches were burning, which are the seven spirits of God. Also in front of the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.

 

============

 

Science fiction became a favorite genre of mine early on. From cartoons about space travel to the movies about galaxies far away, I enjoyed the creativity. During science class, some were trying to make sense out of what was being observed. I enjoyed hearing theories of human existence. One theory was the entire universe revolved around earth.

 

  • I struggled with theories that could not be truly measured.
  • Theories that I learned had merit to human accomplishments, but they fell short because they left GOD out of the equation.
  • Asking “What is the true center of existence?” is still being questioned by philosophers, religious leaders and scientists.

 

John, the disciple that JESUS loved, was guided by the SPIRIT into the throne room of JESUS. He could barely describe what he saw. JESUS appeared extremely different than any human depiction and everything emanated from HIS throne.

 

My Observations:

  • I believe everything originates from JESUS.
  • I believe GOD cares about the heavens and the earth and even the hairs on my head.
  • I believe everything revolves around JESUS.

 

Seeing life from the true origin makes a huge difference. I mean, when I believe that GOD spoke everything into existence, life makes sense to me. Even the fact that everything revolving around and belonging to JESUS, helps me think of things slightly different.

 

HE is on the only throne that matters. HE is not worried and is in thorough control of everything I could imagine. HIS power is unending  and HIS glory is the highest. I cannot wait to see the true center.

 

Challenge

  • Who helped the writer describe everything seen?
  • Have you ever question the center of life?
  • Will you consider seeing life revolving around JESUS to understand “what must happen after this” so you can be prepared?

No comments:

Post a Comment