Thursday, September 26, 2024

Chaos Under Control

Chaos Under Control

Revelation 20: Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key of the abyss and a heavy chain. He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent—that is, the Devil, or Satan—and chained him up for a thousand years. The angel threw him into the abyss, locked it, and sealed it, so that he could not deceive the nations any more until the thousand years were over. After that he must be set loose for a little while.

 

============

 

After being dumped by a girl, I went to the apartment only to be met by a sheriff who gave me a summons for parking tickets. I sat down to take it all in when the phone rang. It was a creditor asking for money I did not have. I tried to go out to a party that night to take my mind off of my problems, but my car would not start!

 

  • My life felt chaotic.
  • Nothing seemed to be going “my” way.
  • I had stopped following GOD, but a question came to my mind, “Don’t YOU see all these problems!?”

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, saw another angel who was given the power to lock Satan up for a thousand years. Chaos would be put under control for a thousand years. But then John was given a warning. “”he must be set loose for a little while.”

 

My Observations:

  • GOD is so powerful, that he gave, even an angel, power over Satan.
  • Satan’s chaos is seen, sentenced and will be done away with.
  • One day, people will not be deceived into thinking of temporary solutions to solve problems.

 

You and I are being deceived and don’t even know it. Unfortunately we can be deceived and we have choices to make every day to do things GOD’s way or our own way. When we choose our own way, we run away from GOD and towards Satan’s deceit of a better life or temporary escape from life’s pain. BUT GOD sees his tactics.

 

There is no chaos that GOD does not see. HE holds order and is very methodical. Even the demise of Satan is calculated down to the minute. GOD sees, what you think is, chaos. In spite of what is going on GOD has the solution for you and me.

 

Challenge

  • What is the writer’s description of Satan’s punishment?
  • Have you ever felt like your life was in chaos and simply wanted it to stop?
  • Will you hold onto your faith, knowing GOD is in control of any chaos you may perceive?

No comments:

Post a Comment