Friday, September 6, 2024

Now What?

Now What?

Revelation 18: After this I saw another angel coming down out of heaven. He had great authority, and his splendor brightened the whole earth. He cried out in a loud voice: “She has fallen! Great Babylon has fallen! She is now haunted by demons and unclean spirits; all kinds of filthy and hateful birds live in her. For all the nations have drunk her wine—the strong wine of her immoral lust. The kings of the earth practiced sexual immorality with her, and the merchants of the world grew rich from her unrestrained lust.”

 

============

 

Waiting for my parents to overlook the keys to the car, I slid them out of sight. They were going on vacation and I planned on using the car without permission. They left and the keys were mine! I started the car and as I was driving, noticed the engine was getting hot. I checked the fluid levels and there was no coolant in the car. I spent all my money just trying to get the car to work.

 

  • I got what I wanted but did not want what I got.
  • I added problems by my sneakiness that I had not accounted for.
  • I was in worse shape by doing something I should not have been doing.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, heard another angel, who had great authority, announce that the great city Babylon has fallen. This was the thing that tempted humans into fulfilling their lusts for sex, power and money. The evil plan to tempt people away from GOD failed and evil was turned against evil.

 

My Observations:

  • My evil plans never work, BUT GOD’s loving plans always succeed.
  • My plans that use the world’s methods may temporarily succeed, BUT GOD rewards me eternally for following HIS plans.
  • It seems like every time I used evil as my plan, it backfired and then I ended up in worse shape.

 

“Now what?” is the question that I have to ask myself when I realize my sin put me in worse shape. I mean, do I keep going down the sinful path or do I stop, turn around and go towards the way that I know is right and would benefit me? Unfortunately, there have been times when I have chosen to be wrong and fall down with my sins. BUT GOD has that in HIS plans.

 

HE saw my sins and made a way for me to return to HIM. By confessing my sins, HE is faithful and just to cleanse me of all unrighteousness. HE restores my soul and leads me on the path of righteousness. I am glad GOD gives me another chance.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer was informed about the angel’s authority?
  • Have you ever did something wrong and now you have to live with your mistake?
  • Will you tell GOD about your mistake so HE can erase it and restore you and give you a better path to walk today?

No comments:

Post a Comment