Thursday, September 19, 2024

Followers

Followers

Revelation 19: 10 I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “Don't do it! I am a servant together with you and with other believers, all those who hold to the truth that Jesus revealed. Worship God!”

 

For the truth that Jesus revealed is what inspires the prophets.

 

============

 

As the other speakers finished, I noticed the audience gave the obligatory applause. I was next. I gave my presentation and got strong applause, due to the interest in the subject.

 

  • I felt good getting the applause.
  • I wanted to get that same applause again and again.
  • I wanted more and more people to know “my” name, so “I” could get a promotion.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, was filled with awe. He saw such great wonders, so he decided to do something. He fell down to worship the angel but was abruptly stopped. “Don’t do it!” was the exclamation from the angel.

 

My Observations:

  • The angel saw Satan get kicked out of heaven for trying to be worshipped.
  • GOD is a jealous GOD and deserves to be worshipped alone.
  • Any following that I create should be pointed to JESUS.

 

Developing a kingdom on earth can be dangerous. I mean, when people follow me, they are following a flawed person. But when they follow JESUS, they follow perfection. Following flawed humans can possibly cause deeper flaws in my character because I could be subject to manipulation.

 

JESUS is the one all of us need to follow. John the Baptist, different than the disciple, pointed people to JESUS. He did not think it was important to hold onto followers when JESUS was the Way, the Truth and the Life. I gladly point people away from following me and onto the path of JESUS.

 

Challenge

  • Why did the writer try to worship the angel?
  • Have you ever become enamored over a certain human you thought had more capabilities than you?
  • Have you considered following JESUS with your life so you can see what perfection looks like and share it with others today?

No comments:

Post a Comment