Thursday, September 19, 2024

Invited

Invited
Revelation 19: 9 Then he said to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!’ ” And he said to me, “These are the true sayings of God.”
============
Receiving my first invitation to a wedding felt special and strange. I had never been invited to a wedding by myself. I went and saw the couple exchange their vows. At the reception, they sat me with family members who made me feel like I was part of their family.
  • I felt honored to be invited.
  • I felt special, even though it was not my special day.
  • I felt part of the family for a moment.
John, the disciple JESUS loved, was told to write something special. He was told how blessed people are who are invited to the marriage feast of the LAMB. John, possibly hearing the words with astonishment, may have needed the angel to add some assurance. The angel said , “These are the true sayings of God.”
My Observations:
  • GOD gave me free will to choose HIM.
  • My service to HIM includes serving people and telling people about the great news about CHRIST.
  • I will be invited based on true belief in JESUS as my Savior and my clothes in heaven will be representative of any service I did that was acceptable to GOD.
Being invited someplace is an honor. I mean, Being wanted, desired and needed really feels great! When GOD invited me, HE wants, desires and needs me. But what do I have to offer? Nothing. HE has it all and still want, desires and needs me.
GOD invites you and me to participate in life HIS way, every day. HE places people in front of us and wants us to show HIS love and listen for opportunities to share the love of JESUS with our mouth to the right person. I am grateful for GOD’s invitation.
Challenge
  • Why do you think the writer had to be told “These are the true sayings of God.?”
  • Have you ever been invited to something?
  • Will you accept GOD’s invitation to live inside you when HE knocks on your heart today?

No comments:

Post a Comment