Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Unamazed

Unamazed

Revelation 17: When I saw her, I was completely amazed. “Why are you amazed?” the angel asked me. “I will tell you the secret meaning of the woman and of the beast that carries her, the beast with seven heads and ten horns. That beast was once alive, but lives no longer; it is about to come up from the abyss and will go off to be destroyed. The people living on earth whose names have not been written before the creation of the world in the book of the living, will all be amazed as they look at the beast. It was once alive; now it no longer lives, but it will reappear.

 

============

 

Seeing the card trick performed in front of me, left me amazed. “How did you do that?” I asked. When I learned the secret, it didn’t seem so amazing, but I learned how to “amaze” other people.

 

  • I was fooled into being amazed.
  • I thought something amazing had happened, when it was only a trick.
  • I learned the trick and wanted to “amaze” people.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, saw the future which held a great city that was amazing. He also caught a glimpse of the beast who was from Satan. This being would act like JESUS and die and be raised from the dead. Everyone whose names have not been written before the creation of the world in the book of the living, will be fooled and amazed.

 

My Observations:

  • Satan will try to mimic GOD, even by having a being die and be raised from the dead.
  • GOD’s people have been saved, even before they were created.
  • People who believe in JESUS will not be fooled by a being who is raised from the dead, who curses GOD.

 

People are amazed easily. I mean, there are videos that show people throwing a ball through tiny holes from great distances. But when people find out the video is fake, they quickly become unamazed. Same with the beast. When the angel explained that he will “reappear” it was to explain that nothing can mimic the resurrection of JESUS.

 

The Savior was and is GOD who became a human to die for the sins of humanity. HE lived a sinless life and was blamed and murdered by HIS own creation. HE was raised from the dead, giving everlasting life to those who believe in HIM for salvation. I will not be fooled.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer was amazed at seeing a futuristic city?
  • Would you be amazed if someone were raised from the dead today?
  • Will you seek wisdom that comes from GOD to understand who JESUS is, to believe in  HIM for salvation and to be guided by the HOLY SPIRIT today?

No comments:

Post a Comment