Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Not an Accomplice

Not an Accomplice

Revelation 19: 19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered to fight against the one who was riding the horse and against his army. 20 The beast was taken prisoner, together with the false prophet who had performed miracles in his presence. (It was by those miracles that he had deceived those who had the mark of the beast and those who had worshiped the image of the beast.) The beast and the false prophet were both thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur. 21 Their armies were killed by the sword that comes out of the mouth of the one who was riding the horse; and all the birds ate all they could of their flesh.

 

============

 

“Was he part of it?” asked the person rounding up troublemakers. “No” was the reply from a witness that cleared me of being questioned.

 

  • I was relieved.
  • I did not have to face the discipline ahead of those who caused problems.
  • I was allowed to remain free.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, saw two parts of the unholy trinity thrown into the lake of fire. He then witnessed the armies that rose up against the one riding the horse, JESUS. The army was killed by the sword that comes out of the mouth of the one who was riding the horse.

 

My Observations:

  • JESUS is the “Word” and will use the word to take down those who oppose HIM.
  • Anything that mimics JESUS, tricking people to go away from HIM, will fall.
  • Those who fight against the need for JESUS will be an accomplice to HIS murder and face HIS sentence.

 

Being declared “Not guilty” is a relief. I mean, I have stood before many judges and felt relieved each time my driving record was cleared. Yes, I got a lot of tickets! I deserved the sentence I faced. But I was released from any punishment. JESUS released me too.

 

HIS death, burial and resurrection showed me that HE was and is the true Savior, the Messiah. HE wiped away any guilt I had and said “I am HIS friend.” HE makes me part of HIS eternal family! I am grateful.

 

Challenge

  • What does the writer say about those who seemed to be in power?
  • Have you ever felt like giving up on GOD because it seemed like the enemy was winning?
  • Will you continue to follow JESUS through good times and difficult times?

No comments:

Post a Comment