Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Weak and Overlooked

Weak and Overlooked

Revelation 19: 17 Then I saw an angel standing on the sun. He shouted in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair: “Come and gather together for God's great feast! 18 Come and eat the flesh of kings, generals, and soldiers, the flesh of horses and their riders, the flesh of all people, slave and free, great and small!”

 

============

 

Trying to figure out how to see the boss of an area I wanted to get in, I thought of ways to “accidentally” run into the person. I lurked around to understand times for lunch and breaks, but nothing worked. The administrative assistant said, “You have to come through me.” “Nah, that can’t be the answer” I said to myself.

 

  • I overlooked the administrative assistant’s position.
  • I did not think the administrative assistant had power over my circumstance.
  • I did not see it coming that the administrative assistant was watching me.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, saw an angel standing on something as powerful as the sun. He shouted in a loud voice, commanding one of the weakest creatures to eat strong and powerful people. Not just powerful eagles, but hummingbirds would be at the disposal of the Living GOD.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD is so powerful, that HE can use something weak to do something strong.
  • GOD is so mighty, that HE can overtake those who think they are powerful.
  • GOD is omnipotent, that HE can choose which way HE will overthrow HIS enemy and use what people would label as weak to do something powerful.

 

Weak things are overlooked. I mean, things like prayer, belief, trusting and fasting are viewed by humans as last resort items versus the starting point to strength. When things get bad, GOD is turned to, temporarily until the storm is over, then we turn back to our old ways. BUT GOD wants something different.

 

HE can use birds against an army of people equipped with the latest technology, to fight and conquer them. HE can also see you, who thinks of frailties and faults as obstacles, but HE sees you as the answer to HIS problem, namely reaching the lost. I am glad GOD trusts you and me even though we are weak.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer mention the angel was standing on the sun?
  • Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed, thinking you cannot possibly overcome the difficulties you are facing?
  • Will you look to GOD, who has all power, and believe HE is fighting the battles you are facing today?

No comments:

Post a Comment