Monday, September 16, 2024

Praise Party

Praise Party

Revelation 19: After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a large crowd of people in heaven, saying, “Praise God! Salvation, glory, and power belong to our God! True and just are his judgments! He has condemned the prostitute who was corrupting the earth with her immorality. God has punished her because she killed his servants.” Again they shouted, “Praise God! The smoke from the flames that consume the great city goes up forever and ever!” The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God, who was seated on the throne. They said, “Amen! Praise God!”

 

============

 

As we approached the building, I could hear the music getting louder and louder. I had never been to a club, so it was a mystery to me. When I got in, lights were flashing, music was blaring and people were dancing all over the place. Everyone shouted with excitement at certain songs!

 

  • I was elated!
  • I was enamored!
  • I shouted just like everyone else!

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, heard something he never heard before. He heard praise from every saved person who ever existed, along with the angels, elders and living creatures! This was no ordinary praise, it was a praise that was unrestrained!

 

My Observations:

  • One day I will be able to praise GOD for my salvation and for GOD’s power.
  • One day I will be able to praise GOD for getting rid of the thing that caused me to fall over and over throughout life.
  • One day I will be able to agree with other people who are praising GOD!

 

Praising GOD seems boring to the world. I mean, temporary drunkenness, mixed with flashing lights, mixed with loud music with great beats must be better that praising GOD, right? Wrong! The praise mentioned here goes on forever and ever!

 

No more waking up to problems on Monday and needing to temporarily escape on Friday. No more wondering if things will work out or not. No more guessing if GOD is with me or not. This praise is permanent, unrestrained and full of relief! I look forward to, one day, truly praising GOD!

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer could not describe the sound?
  • Have you ever been so elated that you just wanted to shout with joy?
  • Are you looking forward to one day being able to praise GOD for what HE has done for you, and not holding back from your praise?

No comments:

Post a Comment