Monday, October 8, 2018

Accepted or Rejected


Luke 10: Whatever city you enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you. And heal the sick there, and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’ 10 But whatever city you enter, and they do not receive you, go out into its streets and say, 11 ‘The very dust of your city which clings to us we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near you.’ 12 But I say to you that it will be more tolerable in that Day for Sodom than for that city.

============

Street witnessing was a scary challenge that I accepted. As I sat in the class and learned an approach, I felt a little more comfortable about the task. “These people need to hear this” was my thought.

When I went out and approached someone in the neighborhood the person said, “Get away from me with that church .” “This is going to be a lot harder than I thought” I said to myself.

  • There were times when I went out to speak about CHRIST with the wrong attitude.
  • There were times when I went out to speak about CHRIST with a chip on my shoulder.
  • There were times when I went out to speak about CHRIST with a “holier than thou” attitude.


JESUS gives HIS final instructions to those HE sent to spread HIS wonderful message. HE let’s them know what to do if they were accepted and more importantly, if they were rejected. HE sent them with a purpose.

  • GOD tells me “When you speak about ME, let MY grace be the center of attention.”
  • GOD says to me “When you go to and speak to people about ME, have true compassion for them.”
  • GOD informs me “Even when you speak humbly about ME, you will be rejected by some.”


“Expect to be rejected just like MY SON was rejected” are the words that one could take away from this passage. But there is more. HE sends me out seeking those who will listen. My attitude for going out needs to be one with compassion and determination.

At the first sign of rejection, I can’t just give up and say “Too bad that person is going to hell.” GOD wants me to view all people around me as a part of “me.” When someone rejects HIS message, it should hurt as much as cutting off a finger. When HE says, “move on” it should feel devastating, yet I must obey. GOD wants me to seek the lost just like HE sought me.

  • What is your attitude towards helping people understand who CHRIST is?
  • Do you think only a select people “deserve” hearing about the Gospel of JESUS?
  • Are you willing to go out and be rejected by some and accepted by others when speaking about GOD’s wonderful grace?



No comments:

Post a Comment