Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Fear of the City


Luke 10: 13 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14 But it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment than for you. 15 And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to Hades. 16 He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.”

============

“What should I say?” were the fearful words that ran through my mind. I had never spoken to a large crowd before and this crowd was over a thousand people. When I organized my outline I felt a little better, but not for long. “What if you fail?” and “What if they don’t like what you have to say?” were questions that popped in my head as the time to speak drew closer.

  • There were times when I was nervous about “my” message.
  • There were times when I feared not being heard when I had to speak.
  • There were times when I got nervous about being rejected.


JESUS gives a different take on HIS appointment to those HE was sending out to spread HIS loving message. HE tells HIS messengers, “Do not worry about rejection. If they reject you they reject ME and the one who sent ME.”

  • GOD says to me “Go out and boldly spread MY gospel.”
  • GOD says to me “Remove your fear of speaking to others about ME.”
  • GOD says to me “Human rejection may happen to you , but I will be with you always.”


When GOD sends me out to speak there is no such thing as getting personally rejected. HIS loving message of salvation should be on my lips coupled with the question “Who would reject this?” BUT GOD knows the message will sometimes be rejected.

To those who do reject the loving words GOD has given me, reject HIS very being. HE wants me to be HIS ambassador. I can leave my fear of speaking about HIM at home and boldly go where HE sends me.

  • Are you afraid of being rejected?
  • Do you think you have too many problems to be heard?
  • Will you stop thinking “you” are being rejected and take GOD’s message of love to as many people as HE sends you to today?


No comments:

Post a Comment