Friday, October 26, 2018

Knock, knock


Luke 11: “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 11 If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”

============

Rubbing my hands together, I tried to keep warm but there was no sign of relief in sight. The bus was nowhere to be found and my friend and I danced around just to keep the blood flowing in our feet. A car pulled up and the driver looked like one of people who was going to our destination who we knew. Should I ask for a ride? “Yes!” It was delightful being in a warm car!

  • There were times when I asked and I received.
  • There have been many times when I was given exactly what I asked for.
  • There were times when I thought I would not get what I asked for so I didn’t ask.


JESUS explains the heart of the HEAVENLY FATHER to HIS disciples. Right after HE explains how to pray, HE tells them to “Ask and it will be given to you.”  HE also explains that the HEAVENLY FATHER gives much better gifts than any human can give.

  • GOD wants me to depend on HIM for all my needs.
  • GOD wants me to believe that HE desires to give me what is best for me.
  • GOD wants me to know HE can and will provide when I ask.


I guess asking is part of the free will GOD gave me. Even in my “evil” state I know how to give good things to people and GOD says “Ask ME for anything. I know how to give to you beyond anything you could ask for.” GOD’s heart is for me and HE seeks me daily. HE does want the best for me.

  • Are you tired of asking?
  • Do you fear GOD will say “no” so you have stopped asking?
  • Will you simply believe GOD has the best in mind for you and ask HIM to fill you with HIS SPIRIT today?


No comments:

Post a Comment