Monday, October 29, 2018

Mislabeled



Luke 10: 14 And He was casting out a demon, and it was mute. So it was, when the demon had gone out, that the mute spoke; and the multitudes marveled. 15 But some of them said, “He casts out demons by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.”

============

“Sneaky” was the label I placed on this particular person. I mean they were always caught up in politics and I could sense they were simply using me to keep their power. This person was now on my side and mentioned my performance publicly. They couldn’t just like me for me, right?

  • Sometimes I label people to protect myself.
  • Sometimes I label people when I cannot explain their actions.
  • Sometimes I label people so I can deal with them a certain way.


JESUS had just performed a miracle. HE cast out a demon and healed a mute person. Everyone was amazed except those who placed a negative label on HIM. They called JESUS “The Enemy.”

  • GOD wants me to drop my negative labels of HIM.
  • GOD wants me to stop thinking HE is out to get me when things are not going the way I want them to.
  • GOD wants me to see HIM as my Savior and trust that HE has the best in mind for me.


Placing trust in GOD means I have better labels for HIM. Each day I can see “Mercy”, “Patience”, “Care” and “Forgiveness” if I simply open my eyes and accept HIS love. GOD does care for me even when I mislabel HIM.

  • Are you mislabeling GOD?
  • Have you forgotten the grace HE has shown you?
  • Will you stop labeling people and listen to GOD by serving those who are difficult to serve?


No comments:

Post a Comment