Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Temporarily Clean


Luke 11: 24 “When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ 25 And when he comes, he finds it swept and put in order. 26 Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first.”

============

Seeing the results of attending church, I decided to attend more often. Things were going well in my life and I started attributing this to my relationship with GOD. I was up for a promotion and really wanted the position. I took an inventory of the sins I was doing at the time. “Maybe I will stop this particular sin for a while. At least until I get the position.”

  • There were times when I thought I could temporarily clean myself up.
  • There were times when I thought I could control the outcome of my life by temporarily stopping sin.
  • There were times when I thought I could accomplish more by temporarily “not” sinning.


JESUS continues HIS explanation of the spirit realm. HE had just chased an evil spirit out of a man, enabling him to speak once again. JESUS says spirits have a tendency to return after a person has been temporarily cleansed.

  • GOD wants me to ask for HIS cleansing on a daily basis.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS face daily.
  • GOD wants me to ask for HIS eternal protection so I will not need to worry about HIS love.


JESUS is the answer to protection from the evil one. No one can snatch me from HIS mighty hand, not even myself. I am not in control of how GOD reacts to my sins and I am thankful. HE sees through my temporary “goodness” and counts it as dung. HE reacts with patience and grace, wanting me to grow up and bring many to HIM. HE is my salvation.

  • Are you temporarily trying to act temporarily good so you can get your way?
  • Do you think your temporary goodness is fooling GOD into allowing you to have what you want?
  • Will you turn your life over to HIM and allow HIM to thoroughly cleanse you of all unrighteousness?

No comments:

Post a Comment