Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Inclusion Prayer



Luke 11: Now it came to pass, as He was praying in a certain place, when He ceased, that one of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.”

So He said to them, “When you pray, say:

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done

On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us day by day our daily bread.
And forgive us our sins,
For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.”

============

Nervous about, just about everything led me to turn to my last resort, prayer. It had been years that I went without praying so I was a bit rusty. I did not know where to start. I mean, do I ask for GOD to fix the stuff I broke?

  • There were times when I was so overwhelmed that I did not know how to pray.
  • There were times when I felt so broken that I did not even know how to ask for help.
  • There were times when my sins seemed to cancel out any blessing I could ever receive.


JESUS saw through the disciples question about prayer and gave them what they needed. They had performed miracles, like healing people and removing demons from the innocent, and now they sought to be even more amazing like JESUS is. JESUS gave structure to communicating, humbly, with the FATHER.

  • GOD wants me to recognize the FATHER’S name and position as being the only holy name.
  • GOD wants me to see HIS power is the only power that I need.
  • GOD wants me to know that HE cares for me, forgives me and protects me.


“Give me stuff” was my old prayer. BUT GOD wants me to pray a new prayer. “Give US this day our daily bread.” HE wants me to include others in my thoughts and be included in how I see others. My prayer is not longer “Help them” rather “Help us!” LORD “we” need you right now. amen

  • What has your heart been asking GOD for?
  • Are your words to GOD different than what your heart desires?
  • Will you allow GOD to change the words coming from your heart so HIS will can be done in your life?
  • Will you include “that” person or “those” people in your prayer for blessing today?


No comments:

Post a Comment