Thursday, October 11, 2018

Illogical Thankfulness


Luke 10: 21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. 22 All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

23 Then He turned to His disciples and said privately, “Blessed are the eyes which see the things you see; 24 for I tell you that many prophets and kings have desired to see what you see, and have not seen it, and to hear what you hear, and have not heard it.

============

Driving down the road, I hit a huge patch of water. The car spun all the way around then wound up sideways to oncoming traffic. I corrected the car and was able to continue without any harm to me or my family. I thanked GOD for HIS protection.

  • Sometimes I am tempted to give myself credit.
  • Sometimes I think “I” performed all of “my” accomplishments.
  • Sometimes I think “I” am in control.


JESUS did something extremely strange. HE thanks the FATHER for hiding things from the “wise and prudent.” HE then thanks the FATHER for revelation to “babes.” Afterwards HE turns to the disciples and says HE reveals who, HE and the FATHER is, to whom HE chooses.

  • GOD says to me “I accept your thankfulness.”
  • GOD says to me “I enjoy your thanksgiving.”
  • GOD says to me “I know it is difficult sometimes but I AM there for you and I appreciate your praise and thanks.”


Sometimes it is all about GOD. HE deserves praise whenever I can. Sin makes me want to run and hide from GOD, but HE appreciates illogical thankfulness, even after sin. HE enjoys my confession that I need and want HIM to cleanse me of unrighteousness.

HE is pleased when I credit HIM for “everything”, large and small. GOD is my protection, HE is my strength, HE is my savior. I owe everything to HIM.

  • Is your logic larger than GOD?
  • Do you believe in “some” parts of the Bible and not others?
  • Do you think GOD made you incorrectly and that humans have a better answer than HE does?
  • Will you yield your life to HIM today and know HE made you, only HE can cure you?


No comments:

Post a Comment