Monday, October 1, 2018

Control


Luke 9: 49 Now John answered and said, “Master, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he does not follow with us.”

50 But Jesus said to him, “Do not forbid him, for he who is not against us is on our side.”

============

Having numerous things to do, I felt a bit stressed. Expecting perfection, I went over to a person who was doing me a “favor” and asked them to stop. I didn’t want to tell them they were doing it all wrong so I politely suggested they do something else. “I wonder if they are going to do that wrong too” I thought to myself.

  • There have been times when I wanted control over people.
  • There have been times when I desired others to follow “my” way.
  • There have been times when I was proud of the way things turned out for “me” so I wanted others to do it “my” way.


John, brother of James, came to JESUS with some incredible news. “Master, we saw someone casting out demons in YOUR name, and we forbade him because he does not follow with us.” He was one of the disciples who fought over who was the “greatest” disciple. Though miracles were happening, he had a complaint.

  • GOD says to me “I made many people for MY purpose.”
  • GOD says to me “I have given each person who belongs to ME a special talent.”
  • GOD says to me “I will bless those who serve in MY SON’s name.”


My perfection had extended into being a church critic. “They are doing it all wrong” or “Look at those ignorant people” were my misguided thoughts as I left one church after another. Instead of recognizing the beauty that they were following GOD, I saw flaws in their “performance.”

GOD wants me to applaud when people mention HIS name and let HIM decide whether they are sincere or not. I cannot judge the way someone worships GOD, but I can serve HIM the way HE made me. HE wants me to drop the critique and embrace as many as I can so HE will be praised by the multitudes.

  • Are you criticizing people about how they serve GOD?
  • Do you think people are insincere in their methods?
  • Can you stop looking at other people and praise GOD for HIS amazing diverse creation?


No comments:

Post a Comment