Friday, September 28, 2018

Ignorant


Luke 9: 46 Then a dispute arose among them as to which of them would be greatest. 47 And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a little child and set him by Him, 48 and said to them, “Whoever receives this little child in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me receives Him who sent Me. For he who is least among you all will be great.”

============

While talking to a “helper”, in the middle of my sentence one of the higher-ups walked into the room. Without finishing my sentence, I immediately turned around to greet the “noble” person and walked away from the “help.”

  • There were times when I treated people differently.
  • There were times when I viewed those with a title as being greater than those who did not have one.
  • There were times when I placed a higher value on the “wisdom” of those in higher positions than those without positions.


After a dispute over who would be “greatest” JESUS looked into their heart at the root of their desires. HE may have seen arrogance and the ability to ignore the words people they did not value. JESUS may have known their ability to devalue the words of children so HIS illustration was clear.

  • GOD wants me to value “everyone” because HE does.
  • GOD wants me to seek to server everyone, not just the rich and powerful.
  • GOD wants me to stop looking to be the greatest and allow HIM to have that classification.


Whenever I think I am greater than someone else, things go horribly wrong. My arrogance is increased followed by ignorant words that blow off those I thought were beneath me. JESUS wants me to be a servant and receive everyone HE sends to me or sends me to. GOD is the only one who is great.

  • Do you chase those who have titles?
  • Do you think someone is greater than another person?
  • Will you seek to serve those who you feel do not deserve your servanthood?


No comments:

Post a Comment