Friday, September 7, 2018

Reasonable Purpose


Luke 8: 38 Now the man from whom the demons had departed begged Him that he might be with Him. But Jesus sent him away, saying, 39 “Return to your own house, and tell what great things God has done for you.” And he went his way and proclaimed throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had done for him.

============

“Please oh please let me get through this” I cried out to the LORD. It seemed like the storm had been prolonged, and I was very tired. On that same day all of the current situations cleared up. I told no one.

  • There have been times when things went right and I did not praise GOD.
  • There have been times when I got everything I asked for and told no one about GOD.
  • There have been times when all my prayers were answered and I kept my praise to myself.


The man healed from being tormented by demons desired to follow JESUS, BUT GOD had a different plan. JESUS told him to “Return to your own house, and tell what great things GOD has done for you.” The man did so and now his life had purpose.

  • When GOD brings me through trials HE wants me to tell everyone about HIS grace.
  • When GOD rescues me HE wants me to tell everyone about HIS mercy.
  • When GOD delivers me from small to large situations HE wants me to proclaim HIS love to everyone.


GOD wants me to be very vocal about HIS goodness. HE has delivered me time and time again. In fact, HE is busy delivering me through current trials! HE does not want me to grow weary and fills me up with HIS blessings. GOD is my refuge.

  • Are you growing tired?
  • Are you going through another trial?
  • Can you remember the times GOD has delivered you over and over again so your faith can grow and get you through this trial?
  • Will you tell people about the goodness of GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment