Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Recognition



Luke 8: 26 Then they sailed to the country of the Gadarenes, which is opposite Galilee. 27 And when He stepped out on the land, there met Him a certain man from the city who had demons for a long time. And he wore no clothes, nor did he live in a house but in the tombs. 28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out, fell down before Him, and with a loud voice said, “What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me!” 29 For He had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For it had often seized him, and he was kept under guard, bound with chains and shackles; and he broke the bonds and was driven by the demon into the wilderness.

============

When the top executive walked in, I stopped my conversation with the “hired help” and immediately tried to think of something clever to say. “The project I’m working on is going great” were the first words I could think of. He ignored me and walked past. The admin I was talking to turned away from me as well.

  • There were times when I got confused by those who had titles.
  • There were times when I felt turned around by people who were put in “power.”
  • There were times when I felt lost around those who were supposedly “in charge.”


A certain man who had demons cried out “What have I to do with YOU, JESUS, SON of the MOST HIGH GOD? I beg YOU, do not torment me!” The demons inside the man recognized JESUS’s authority and begged for mercy.

  • GOD wants me to recognize JESUS as my savior.
  • GOD wants me to know that JESUS has risen from the murder and has all authority.
  • GOD wants me to bow before JESUS who is the SON of the MOST HIGH GOD.


Sometimes I don’t give JESUS enough credit for who HE really is. I mean I complain to HIM and whine that I am not comfortable enough, but that may not be the right train of thought. JESUS is the SON of the MOST HIGH GOD. HE has all authority under HIM and my faith is generated from belief in HIM. No circumstance, situation or state of affairs can stop HIS love for me!

  • Do you believe in JESUS?
  • Do you really believe that HE is the SON of the MOST HIGH GOD?
  • Will you recognize HIS power and authority over huge and small circumstances in your life and turn the solution over to HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment