Friday, September 21, 2018

Strategic Conversation


Luke 9: 28 Now it came to pass, about eight days after these sayings, that He took Peter, John, and James and went up on the mountain to pray.29 As He prayed, the appearance of His face was altered, and His robe became white and glistening. 30 And behold, two men talked with Him, who were Moses and Elijah, 31 who appeared in glory and spoke of His decease which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem. 32 But Peter and those with him were heavy with sleep; and when they were fully awake, they saw His glory and the two men who stood with Him. 33 Then it happened, as they were parting from Him, that Peter said to Jesus, “Master, it is good for us to be here; and let us make three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah”—not knowing what he said.

============

Running late I eased into the conference room through a back door. The faces were familiar but not for the meeting I was supposed to attend. “May I help you” said one of the participants as I searched for an open seat. I told them what meeting I was there for and they pointed me down the hall as the heads of the company had confiscated the room I was in. I wonder what they were talking about.

  • There were times when I wanted to hear what leaders had to say.
  • There were times when I desired to hear how strategy was developed.
  • There were times when I was curious about decision making for big corporations.


Moses and Elijah appeared to JESUS with an important conversation about JESUS’ death that HE was going to “accomplish” at Jerusalem. This highly strategic conversation was not confidential, but Peter, James and John could not stay away to hear it. Peter blurted out an offer of hospitality when he woke up, delirious.

  • GOD has given me HIS strategic plan by placing HIS HOLY SPIRIT inside of me..
  • GOD has gracefully included me in the conversation by allowing HIS SON to die for me.
  • GOD has shown me the future through HIS written word.


Powerful people rise and fall, BUT GOD reigns forever. HE prepared JESUS to take on all the blame for every sin committed by every person. JESUS gracefully volunteered HIS life and the FATHER conceded. I am grateful GOD allows me to understand HIS plan for me.

  • Are you frustrated with your impending future?
  • Do you think GOD does not hear you or care for you?
  • Can you stop trying to figure out the future and allow GOD to guide you with HIS HOLY SPIRIT?
  • Will you seek GOD through HIS word and accept HIS plan for you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment