Thursday, September 13, 2018

Fully Supplied


Luke 9: Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. And He said to them, “Take nothing for the journey, neither staffs nor bag nor bread nor money; and do not have two tunics apiece.

“Whatever house you enter, stay there, and from there depart. And whoever will not receive you, when you go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet as a testimony against them.”

So they departed and went through the towns, preaching the gospel and healing everywhere.

============

“I wonder if I should take another class” I said to myself as I sought to be in a leadership role. I sat with mentors and asked their advice. After getting training and advice I wondered what else I was missing.

  • There are times when I feel inadequate.
  • There are times when I feel insecure about myself.
  • There are times when I feel I do not have what it takes to amount to anything.


JESUS does something radical. HE sent HIS disciples out to spread the Good News about HIM being the one who would save all of humanity. HE didn’t send them with money, clothes, food or a change of clothes. They had nothing the world could see. But they had something else.

  • When JESUS saved me HE gave me all I needed to do HIS ministry.
  • When JESUS pulled me into HIS family HE provided me with a purpose.
  • When JESUS washed me of all my sins HE sent me to tell everyone that HE can do the same for them and their families and their family’s families.


JESUS proved that ministry does not take money in order for HIS power to be spread. HE gives anyone who asks the power and abilities to spread HIS message of love and salvation. The message doesn’t need buildings, staff or tee shirts. GOD’s message can be preached daily to those who desire to hear. HE sends me with a grateful heart.

  • Are you broke?
  • Do you feel GOD’s word cannot be preached without money?
  • Will you accept the gifts and talents you already possesses and use them to preach HIS message of love and salvation today?


No comments:

Post a Comment